Color is an art of expressing one a thoughts ideas etc.
Colors’ is a silent and visual languages used to communicate the guests people in the house.
Dark colors may also reflect the negative energy that may be present in the house.
light colors often expressed as cheerful environment positive energy and a motivational sense.
colors are the most important way of communication in interior designing.
For creating a good & the communication we should know how colors change their behavior & how they influence over mood.
- All color changes their character when lightness & saturation is modified.
So it ‘s not enough to pick a color for creation interior design element we have to pick a shade.
- Light colors are airy & make a room feel larger & brighter.
- Dark colors are sophisticated.
colors basically behave in 3 ways.
- They can be active passive & natural.
- Natural colors include black, gray, white & brown. These colors are often used to establish balance in decor that includes both active & passive shades.
Environment can become depressing & cheerful both, based on the colors used.
The colors used in interior design should co-ordinate & contrast so we have to decide to makes an area harmonious & relaxing or interesting and dynamic.
Color scheme –
- Orange is energetic and yellow is an uplifting & welcoming color they both are great options for the entrance area.
- Blue is a calming color, relaxing & scheme color.
It is often used in bedrooms & bathrooms.
If the blue color is too pale it becomes an unpleasant site.
- Purple is rich dramatic & sophisticated & energetic.
Living area and dinning room can have purple colored walls.
- Green is calm & restful. So if used in bedroom it creates a very good impact. Also it can be used in kitchen because of its freshness.
- Red is stimulating color and a dark effect in room.
So it should be used in small doses.
where we want to create a focal pt. red color should be used.
- Earthy colors like terracotta are warming & relaxing.
Although they are outdated to decide whether they match the present style or not.
* Color wheel – In interior design the basic color wheel are.
- Complementary colors – These are colors or hues that are directly opposite each other on color wheel.
complementary colors are usually used in small quantities.
- Friars – Friars forms triangles on the color wheel like yellow, blue & red.
- Cool & warm colors – These are typically used colors to create good mood.
Cool colors are blue, green and purple.
Warm colors are red, orange, yellow and pink.
- Non colors – These arena ‘t found on wheel but still play a very important role in interior design. These are greys, browns, whites & blacks.
A Civil Engineer is invariably required in all types of works. Related to infrastructure Development. Civil Engineering, the core branch of engineering, has a lot of scope. The scope can be understood in two ways
- firstly as per the development of infrastructure in India and
- Secondly the types of jobs available for a civil engineer in India Infrastructure sector are a key driver for the Indian economy. The sector is mostly responsible for propellant India’s overall development and enjoys intense focus from Government for initiating policies, in the country in 2016, India jumped 19 places in World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016, to rank 35th among 160 countries Construction development sector (Townships, housing, built up infrastructure and construction development projects) has received billions and billion dollars of foreign direct investment (FDI) in recent years. So it is easily understood that the demand for civil engineer in India is growing exponentially and will remain so in coming future.
The scope as per the jobs are available is.
Depending on the interest of a civil engineer:
- Technical jobs (2) Non-technical jobs.
This is the core competency of a civil engineer when he does a job related to civil engineering. Only Technical jobs are further classified on two bases:
(1) On the basis of employer agency
(a) Government sector (b) Private sector (c) Public sector
(ii) On the basis of type of work
(A) Design work (b) Site work
(i) 0n the basis of employer agency: On the basis of employer agency we can classify the jobs as government provided job or job done in private sector or job done in public sectors.
(a) Government Sector: A civil engineer has the highest probability of getting jobs in government sector as so many government departments recruit a civil engineer. The departments may be recruiting Central level departments include Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Military Engineering Services (MES), Railways, Border Road Organizations (BRO), Central Water Commission, Central Pollution Board, Indian Ordnance Factories Services, and Survey of India etc. State level departments include Public Works Department (PWD), Public Health and Engineering Department (PHED), Water Resources Department (WRD), Development Authority of city etc. |
(b) Public Sector: In India there are many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs). The term | public sector undertaking or enterprise reference to a government company “Government Company is defined under Section 2 (45) of the Companies Act, 2013 as * Any company in which not less than fifty per cent of the paid – up share capital is held by the Central Government, or by any State Government or Governments, or partly by the Central Government and partly by one or more state governments, and includes a company which is a subsidiary company of such government company in normal word . They are neither the pure government nor the private owned but a mix of both. Civil Engineers are recruiting by these PSUs depending on their academic records or performance in requisite competitive examinations. The PSUs include the following:
(1) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
(2)National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
(2) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
(3) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
(4) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
(5) Coal India Limited (CIL)
(c) Private Sector: Private sector companies are those which are owned by any person or group of persons. Private companies in construction or design sector recruits civil engineers top companies of India in construction sector includes Larsen and Toubro (L & T), Delhi Land and Finance (DLF) Limited, etc.
(ii) 0n the basis of type of work: A civil engineer gets mainly 2 types of profile in his job either he designs the structure or he’s contribution in the construction work.
(a) Design Work: Design work involves every type of structural design of any buildings, bridges, dams, canals, roads etc. A civil engineer is now days get help of much software to accomplish this task. STAAD Pro, ETabs, Geo5, SAP 2000, Skycivetc. Are some of these examples of software. here are many types of drafting software too available for civil engineers to make a plan. AutoCAD is one of the most used drafting software in construction industry
(b) Site Works A civil engineer is Site engineers perform a technical, organizational and supervision role on construction site, setting out and determining the area for above and underground infrastructure installations involved in construction operations. They apply designs and plans to mark out the site and can be involved in project ranging from small scale to multi-million pound ventures, this may include civil, road, rail and other infrastructure projects.
They share responsibility for site security engineer , health and safety and the organization and supervision of material and human resources. Responsible of a site engineer
- ensuring that all materials use and work perform are as per specifications
- liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantities Surveyors and the workforce involved in the project;
- day – to – day management of site including , supervising and monitoring the site labor force and any subcontractors of work;
Civil Engineers have the opportunities to go in non – technical fields also the competition remains is tough as they need to fight against other disciplines. Probationary Officer (PO) in banks and SSC CGL are the two non-technical exams which civil engineers mostly give .
communication skills and the ability to solve conflicts in a cool and calm manner.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year organizes Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates to fill up of various posts of executive level in Government Departments. Some of the departments included in SSC CGL are :
(1) Assistant Audit Officer
(2) Income Tax Inspector
(3) Central Excise Inspector
(4) Preventive Officer Inspector
(5) Assistant Enforcement Officer
(6) Assistant in Central Vigilance Commission
(7) Assistant in Intelligence Bureau (IB)
(8) Sub Inspectors (si)
(9) Inspector (Narcotics )
(10) Statistical Investigator